Preparation for Prospective Freshmen Students
When admitting freshmen, the UCSB College of Engineering considers grade point average in college preparatory courses, completion of coursework beyond the university’s A-G requirements, and completion of advanced placement and honors courses, particularly those in science and math. Please note that meeting all of these considerations, however, is not a guarantee of acceptance into the College. The exact level of performance required to gain admission to the College varies from year to year, and from major to major, depending on the size and quality of the applicant pool and number of available enrollment spaces.
Resources for Applicants
- University of California & UCSB Admissions Requirements: eligibility requirements and selection criteria for incoming freshmen
- Your Path to UCSB: Information to plan your application to University of California years in advance. For freshmen and transfer applicants
- Dates and Deadlines for Admissions
- Advanced Placement Credit Chart
- University of California “A-G” course requirement guide
You’ve been admitted: what now?
Congratulations! Admission into the UCSB College of Engineering is a highly selective honor. We hope you will submit your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR). Please view our helpful information for newly admitted students, including summer early preparation opportunities.