Department of Mechanical Engineering
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA 93106
tel: (805) 893-8501
fax: (805) 893-8651
Personal web site
Professor Krechetnikov's research focuses on the fundamental questions in Fluid Dynamics motivated by or targeted to applications and natural phenomena. The problems of interest span from high Reynolds number flows, e.g. aerodynamics and geophysics, to low Reynolds number flows, namely microfluidics and fluid mechanics of complex interfaces. The research involves both theoretical - analytical and numerical - and experimental studies done in the Fluid Dynamics Laboratory.
Dr. Rouslan Krechetnikov is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Dr. Krechetnikov earned his Ph.D. degree in Applied Mathematics at the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (Phystech) in 2004. Before joining UCSB he spent a year (2007-2008) as an Assistant Professor of Mathematics (tenure-track) at the University of Alberta (Edmonton, Canada) and a year (2006-2007) at Carleton University (Ottawa, Canada) in the same capacity. Before that, Dr. Krechetnikov was a Posdoctoral Fellow at the California Institute of Technology (2004-2006) and at UCSB (2002-2004).
- NSF CAREER Award, 2011
- Regents Junior Faculty Fellowship, 2011
- Hellman Family Faculty Award, 2010
- UCSB Academic Senate Award, 2010
- Stability of liquid sheet edges, Physics of Fluids, 22, 2010, 092101, Krechetnikov R.
- A low-dimensional model of separation bubbles, Physica D, 238, 2009, 1152-1160, Krechetnikov R., Marsden J.E., Nagib H.M.
- Dissipation-induced instability phenomena in infinite-dimensional systems, Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, 194, 2009, 611-668, Krechetnikov R., Marsden J.E.
- On the origin and nature of finite-amplitude instabilities in physical systems, Journal of Physics A, 42, 2009, 412004, Krechetnikov R., Marsden J.E.
- Rayleigh–Taylor and Richtmyer–Meshkov instabilities of flat and curved interfaces, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 625, 2009, 387–410, Krechetnikov R.
- Dissipation-induced instabilities in finite dimensions, Reviews of Modern Physics, 79, 2007, 519-553, Krechetnikov R., Marsden J.E.
- Surfactant effects in the Landau-Levich problem, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 559, 2006, 429-450, Krechetnikov R., Homsy G.M.
- On upstream influence in supersonic flows, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 539, 2005, 167-178, Krechetnikov R., Lipatov I.I.
- On physical mechanisms in chemical reaction-driven tip-streaming, Physics of Fluids, 16, 2004, 2556-2566, Krechetnikov R., Homsy G.M.